picture

picture

September 3, 2012

Another Weekend in China

Buying fresh flowers is easy and inexpensive.
I picked out these lovely gems, they cost less than $5.00.
This is the cutest picture ever.
Recently, this has been my form of transportation.
Typically, anyone with this type of 3 wheeled bike is for the elderly or the handicapped,
but T shamelessly rides it all over town. It is ideal for groceries and...(see below)
....fitting more than it should : ) In America I don't think I've ever gotten
a double take, but in China, and riding on the back of this bike,
it happens more than 10 times a day, hah.

View of a construction worker on a 2 story bus.
The community here is awesome. Once a month they get together
at a local coffee shop and have a community garage sale.
 I guess that is how you have to do it in the city.
This girl specifically asked to have a safari on her face...
and my friend was happy to oblige, cute!
For the occasion I was asked to face paint,
and luckily I sort of knew what I was doing (thank you Callie).

Lana Coffee sponsored the event.


The girl with the broken arm.

Shockers.

Dusk and a heart shaped cloud.

Blind Massage.

After a long week of working on the apartment,
we treated ourselves to a massage. This was the first time I had
ever gotten a massage from a blind person and it was awesome.
I guess there sense of touch is heightened
because they are blind and they can give better massages.

I really like supporting these lovely people. They were very sweet.
It is nice to see that in a 'save-face society' people with a handicap are being valued.


Well, that pretty much sums up my weekend (except for my Chinese thrift store experience which I will be doing another post about). I have been sick recently, so I guess it is giving me more time to blog. For some reason the asthma that never bothered me has decided appear and I have a sinus cold. I think I just need to boost my immune system and get over jet lag. I have a big moving week ahead so I need to get better!

Until next time,

Lindsay






No comments:

Post a Comment